- Dollar Lake — Due to the extensive storm damage, the day-use area at Dollar Lake will remain closed for the duration of the season.
- Caribou-Munroes Island – Recent testing has shown that the park’s potable water supply contains Uranium slightly above the maximum allowable concentration as recommended by Health Canada. Campers and picnickers should bring their own supply of water for drinking and cooking. Water at the park may, however, be used for washing.
- Taylor Head - The Spry Bay Trail will be closing September 16th for repairs. At the moment October 1st is the tentaive date for re-opening. Check back for updates.
- Dollar Lake - Brook Trail is closed to prevent users from being exposed to poison ivy.
- Usige Ban Falls - Gillis Bridge on North Branch Road just past the park is closed until further notice.
- Smileys - Bridge on Clayton McKay Road in Brooklyn is open with a five tonne weight restriction. Detour options: Eastbound traffic on Ashdale, heading to McKay Rd turn right on Woodville Rd, then right on McKay. Westbound on McKay heading to Ashdale Rd and Smiley's Park, stay on Mckay, turn left on Woodville, turn left on Ashdale and for Smiley's Park, left on Clayton Mckay Rd.
- Coyotes in Nova Scotia - Learn more