- Blomidon – Campsites 28 to 69 will remain closed until the campsite loop road is passible, probably at the end of May. Those with camping reservations from May 15 to June 1 have been advised. Campsites 1 to 27 and 71 to 75 will open May 15 as scheduled.
- Caribou-Munroes Island – Recent testing has shown that the park’s potable water supply contains Uranium slightly above the maximum allowable concentration as recommended by Health Canada. Campers and picnickers should bring their own supply of water for drinking and cooking. Water at the park may, however, be used for washing.
- Dollar Lake — Day-use area and boat launch will remain closed until at least May 29 due to wet and soggy road conditions and some construction work. We appreciate that this is a popular location for sport fishing, although as of May 5 the lake was still 90-95% ice covered.
- North River Wilderness Area — Will remain closed until at least May 25 due to remaining snow cover and wet/soggy road conditions.
- Smileys — Clayton McKay Road in West Hants will be closed from May 4, 2015 to June 28, 2015 to replace the bridge. Detour will be signed. Access to Smileys Park will not be affected.
- Smileys — Smileys Park road is closed to facilitate roadway maintenance. The park is open to foot traffic.
- Thomas Raddall Park — The comfort station at Thomas Raddall Park will be closed May 15 – June 12 due to mildew issues.
- Uisge Ban Falls — Will remain closed until at least May 25 due to remaining snow cover and wet/soggy road conditions.
- Coyotes in Nova Scotia — Learn more